Manager, Strategic Finance - Vehicle & Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Managers on the Strategic Finance team will work closely with our data, product, operations and vehicle teams to support Bird’s overall financial strategy, planning, and analysis efforts in a global, hyper growth environment. In addition to leading our total company strategic planning, forecasting, and reporting, you will investigate and synthesize complex data sets to deliver data-driven decision support to the senior leaders of our business. This team brings analytical rigor to Bird’s overall business model, unit economics, new products and expansion efforts worldwide.
- Oversee/audit sophisticated financial models based on a deep understanding of our unit economics
- Work with company leaders to develop forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to expansion, capital structure, and new products
- Think proactively about financial optimization across every facet of our business including city operations, vehicles, supply chain, performance marketing, etc.
- Think strategically and then help develop an execution plan to operationalize insights
- Partner with the corporate development team on fundraising, special projects and deal support
- Partner with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 6+ years in Corporate Finance, Corporate Development / Investment Banking and/or Consulting, at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Experienced in hiring, training and managing a team
- Deep understanding of complex ROI-driven financial models
- Knowledge of accounting in a high transaction volume environment and GAAP
- Knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Humble & resourceful: you're willing to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description