Manager, Royalty Audits at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of a Royalty Audits Manager in our Audit group. In this role, you will be working with our royalty audit team researching, responding and settling audit claims.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of music audits and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How you'll CREATE:
- Oversee the audit process for incoming artist and copyright audit claims for selected UMG labels
- Analyze audit reports and confirm auditor's calculations
- Review artist contracts, copyright licenses, correspondence, statements, reports and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims
- Draft written responses to audit claims
- Assist in audit settlement negotiations
- Liaison with Business Affairs, Litigation and Finance departments
Bring your VIBE:
- 5 years of royalty or accounting experience in the music or entertainment industry
- Experience with legal contracts a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Access a plus
- Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.