Manager, Inventory Business (Finance) Operations at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Manager, Inventory Business (Finance) Operations is a unique role that sits in the Inventory Partnerships organization and is tasked with creating and improving internal processes and policies related to supply at The Trade Desk. You’ll also provide support with billing and reporting matters on an ongoing basis. You’re comfortable working cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners. You’re able to manage multiple priorities and perform in a fluid, fast-paced work environment. You have an operational mindset and love diving into details to solve complex business problems. You have an interest in media and advertising technology.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work cross-functionally to identify operational pain points and create or improve internal processes/policies to address those pain points
- Investigate and resolve billing and reporting issues with inventory partners, working closely with relevant members of internal teams, including: Inventory Partnerships, Technical Account Management, Support and Finance
- Manage day-to-day communications with inventory partners regarding billing and reporting matters
- Perform financial and operational analyses to identify risks and opportunities related to The Trade Desk’s inventory partnerships
- Participate in projects and other ad-hoc initiatives as needed to further optimize inventory operational needs
- Assist with preparing monthly inventory supplier cost accruals and other financial reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or another quantitative field
- 2-5 years of experience in a business operations, finance or accounting role; relevant media, advertising, or technology industry experience preferred
- Operational mindset
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets) and PowerPoint
- Experience working with SQL queries
- Strong quantitative abilities, financial aptitude and business acumen
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.