Finance plays a pivotal role managing the company’s financial performance and shaping its strategic priorities. The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating the coordination, consolidation, reporting and analysis of the overall forecast process; Board of Director reporting, supporting the quarterly earnings process, pricing and valuation of deals across the company, and long-term planning/strategic initiatives. The Manager of FP&A will be primarily responsible for supporting all the financial and business metrics planning, reporting and analysis processes (Budget/Forecast/Actual) and working with various functional teams across the organization.
- Responsible for the preparation and detailed review of the monthly financial reporting schedules, with focus on understanding material variances in cost of goods and operating expenses results against Plan/Forecast, Prior Year.
- Support the monthly financial close preparation by working with the accounting teams in review of key P&L line items to determine appropriate expense accruals ( marketing programs, software maintenance fees, bandwidth, breakfix, commissions)
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.Responsibilities include communication of calendar and tasks, preparation of budgeting tool for department users, collection of department input, interface with departments to provide and or confirm (budget) assumptions, consolidation of all submissions, validation/review of all inputs in all dimensions (total company, by cost center, by venue, by account, by line of business), & preparation of materials for presentation of plan/forecast to CFO
- Manage the preparation of weekly/monthly KPI reporting. Provide summary highlights and other insights as appropriate
- Serve as a power-user in Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting system (installed in Q4 2018 )
- Serve as point of contact in investigating/evaluating ad hoc business questions. Work with the Data Architecture & Analytics (DAA) team in creating BI reports to support these analyses
- Partner with CTO and VPs of Operations by providing expert knowledge and insightful analysis on high-visibility, complex, and key expense drivers (software maintenance fees contracts, capitalized salaries)
- Support quarter-end reporting requirements for auditors/CFO/board of directors
- Manage quarterly capital expenditure and cash reconciliation
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Business
- 7+ years’ of progressive background in financial analysis preferably in an FP&A role with a knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting, Oracle Fusion (General Ledger) preferred
- Working knowledge of business analytical tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, MicroStrategy) and experience with databases
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA three years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.