Greater LA Area
The future of publishing and e-commerce is data. OnPoint is a leading data-driven, online publisher and service based e-commerce provider. Leveraging premium and contextual domain names combined with original content and large audiences, OnPoint is building a robust, highly monetizable "Signal Graph."
OnPoint’s proprietary content products focus on the How-To, DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and DIFM (Do-It-For-Me) markets with a strong consumer value proposition. With more consumer data, we are able to increase the LTV of their signal data and put services in front of the right people at the point in their lives when they need it. While the multibillion dollar service-based economy is rapidly growing, their three-core product sets stay focused on 100s of reference guides, instructional books, and digital services.
BV Media, and OnPoint Company, is looking for team players and innovative thinkers that like to find solutions and you feel comfortable working in a casual environment.
We are looking for a Manager of FP&A to join our growing team and oversee the Finance and Accounting processes of our San Jose office. This person will be responsible for all financial areas and will report to the executive team in Miami. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and takes initiative to analyze financial performance, and investigate and correct potential weaknesses. As a FP&A Manager, you will work cross functionally and leverage the support of technical resources and other teams within the organization for analysis and insight to help guide the business over the medium and long-term opportunities and potential risks.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Operational reporting to provide guidance to the Call Center Sales Team.
· Financial modeling, benchmarking, evaluating KPI and operational drivers for financial analysis.
· Leverage existing data sources to drive scalable analysis of business growth drivers and trends.
· Improve financial status by performing variance analysis, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
· Function as a business leader and a solutions developer, leveraging technological know-how and resources to provide process & reporting solutions within time constraints.
· Partner with company management to assist in formulating and implementing financial processes and controls that drive top and bottom-line outcomes while minimizing risk.
· Produce periodical productivity analysis and create several ad-hoc reports for upper management.
· Prepare all local statutory reporting and ensure compliance with local regulations
· Review payroll and payroll tax submissions
· Implement the same financial processes and internal controls established in Onpoint U.S.
· Develop annual budget and explain variances on a monthly basis
· Prepare month-end reports for presentation to management
· Assist with maintenance and documentation of accounting policies
· Monitor compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
· Coordinate all legal and tax issues
WHAT YOU HAVE:
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance or related field.
· 5-7 years of experience in a financial/operational role
· Experience in both public and private accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
· Understanding of both U.S. GAAP and local accounting standards
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Experience communicating with and preparing reports for executive-level management
· Experience overseeing a Company’s accounting and finance function
· Ability to establish formal processes and manage multiple priorities effectively
Read Full Job Description