As a Manager on the Finance team, you will work cross-functionally at the intersection of Marketing, Sales, Analytics, and Commercial as part of a team responsible for defining and supporting our growth strategy through data-driven analyses. You will be expected to evaluate our growth across markets and products, ideate and test opportunities to improve performance, and provide guidance back to the business that will inform our overall strategy. You will be a crucial part of a team committed to expanding our renewable energy footprint and driving a brighter energy future.
THE MANAGER, FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (FP&A) HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving Growth Strategy: Develop data-driven decision frameworks to steer our growth strategy across markets, products, and sales teams in an effort to optimize the volume and quality of customers on our platform.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Build and leverage financial planning systems for budgeting and forecasting. Develop repeatable and automated processes to regularly report our performance across key performance indicators.
- Partnering Cross-Functionally: Combine forecasting models with business judgement to act as a financial thought partner for leaders across the organization, including sales, marketing, operations
- Executive and Board Reporting: Provide analysis and reporting for our executive team and Board of Directors
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Forecasting: Build and maintain the Sales & Marketing forecast in partnership with key stakeholders, and advise them on how they can improve processes and exceed targets.
- Lifetime Value (LTV) Analysis: Develop a deep understanding and implement a strategy for maximizing Customer LTV
- Acquisition cost reporting: Support the growth of the organization through reliable CPA reporting, and provide investment recommendations to optimize customer value creation.
- KPIs: Identify and track KPIs that will drive business performance and financial results.
- Strategic and Analytical Support: Support corporate development initiatives including capital raises and M&A activity; and develop financial analysis for new product launches
- Analytical - must be able to develop frameworks for evaluating problems and have the technical skills to run an analysis to ground and communicate the results
- Articulate - must be able to distill down complex topics and communicate them clearly to a variety of audiences
- Driven - must be internally driven to succeed with insatiable curiosity and a determination to deliver on high impact goals
- Persevering - must be able to handle a fast paced role with competing priorities and short deadlines
- Must Have
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in investment banking, corporate finance, and/or financial planning and analysis
- Advanced Excel skills with experience developing financial projections and building financial models. Must be comfortable building sophisticated and in-depth models from scratch
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to draw insights from imperfect information
- Detail-orientated, eager to succeed, and able to manage multiple business demands concurrently. The ideal candidate seeks out and thrives in fast paced environments similar to a startup
- Nice to Have
- 4+ years of work on a transitional FP&A/Strategic Finance team (years may be substituted with investment banking or private equity experience)
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience hiring and managing a team
- Data analytics experience
- Familiarity of, or willingness to learn tools like Tableau and SQL
- Degree in a quantitative field like finance, economics, math, or accounting