Junior Financial Analyst at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
As a Junior Financial Analyst, you will play a key role on the finance team by supporting the growing Direct to Consumer (D2C) business. You'll work closely with other members of the D2C team, specifically the logistics team.
How you'll CREATE:
- Reconciliation of monthly vendor invoices
- Compile reporting to assist with monthly profit and loss analysis
- Make improvement recommendations based on analysis
- Process vendor invoices in company SAP system in compliance with purchase order policies and procedures
- Prepare expense coding documents to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of cost reporting
- Utilize company purchase and sales order system to support internal controls and monthly revenue recognition
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting on a project basis
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office, with especially strong Excel skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and work with large amounts of complex information.
- Able to deliver on time in a fast-paced team environment
- Outgoing personality and ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with different business stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on any additional tasks as needed
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to learn new things and train others as needed
- Knowledge of e-commerce industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.