General Ledger Staff Accountant at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is seeking a Staff Accountant to assist in the month end domestic closing process and help build a best-in-class function. Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working with a team of accounting professionals, the Staff Accountant will help ensure the accurate and timely execution of the domestic closing processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Prepare monthly journal entries across numerous sections of the Chart of Accounts
- Participate in the month-end close process
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis of various balance sheet and P & L accounts
- Assist the Accounting team in researching, documenting and implementing the impact of current accounting conventions
- Assist in external audit processes and SOX compliance
- Contribute to the timeliness and accuracy of monthly close
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A dedication to teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 0-2+ years of experience in a public or corporate accounting position
- Acute attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet applications
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.