Fraud Manager at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:25 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021
At GOAT Group, our Fraud team is essential in maintaining trust between our buyers and sellers. Tasked with everything from auditing purchases to verifying credit card information, you will be part of a group dedicated to protecting our customers as well as the integrity of our platforms. In this vital role, you will use best-in-class technology alongside our own proprietary analytical models to ensure superior fraud prevention.
The Fraud Manager is responsible for managing the fraud, disputes and abuse teams. Develops policies and procedures as well as identifies opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the team efforts to detect, prevent and reduce fraud and dispute losses while providing a quality consumer experience for our customers.
In this role you will:
- Lead, manage, and train a team of Fraud and Disputes Analysts
- Collaborate with leadership to establish performance KPIs across the team and continuously monitor and manage team members to these targets
- Leverage various data points and data sets to drive decisions and understand / communicate the financial and customer impact on the business and respective goals
- Review and manage appropriate queues to ensure orders and disputes are processed and resolved in a timely manner
- Work with the analysts to reduce instances of fraud, identify areas of high fraud activity, and work in conjunction with the fraud strategy team to improve fraud detection and loss preventionRegularly educate analysts and investigators on fraud activity and associated behaviors
- Review all escalated orders on a daily basis in a timely manner, adhering to company service level agreements
- Assist in reviewing orders, working chargebacks, resolving tickets and handling customer inquiries
- Work across departments in reviewing transactions, troubleshooting issues and handling escalations.
- Establish insightful reporting related to customer and internal challenges with the fraud process and identify potential areas for improvement, helping to scale and automate the fraud flow for support
- Assist in communicating the fraud process and desired product improvements with engineering, product, data science, and other cross-functional teams to improve the user experienceEnsure that customers are receiving the best service across fraud-related touch points
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience managing fraud and disputes teams in e-commerce fraud and payments environments
- A proven people manager who closely monitors team performance while building camaraderie and motivating others to continuously improve their KPIs
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to think analytically (and teach others to do so as well) and drive informed, accurate decisions
- Ability to thrive and drive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain efficiency with minimal errorsHighly organized and focused on meeting critical deadlines on short timelines
- Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas
- Experience working directly with consumers and internal customer support teams
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that we provide the best consumer experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- SQL skills are a plus, but not a requirement
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description