Greater LA Area
GOAT Group is a fast-paced company seeking an experienced, highly detailed FP&A Manager/Sr. Manager with excellent communication and strong analytical skills to work closely with the Sr. Finance Manager and CFO on financial reporting, budgeting, as well as managing and mentoring junior finance team members.
In this role you will:
- Own and manage the company’s financial reporting, including monthly financial reporting, internal budget reports, and other reports as necessary
- Continue to develop and improve on financial reports to accurately mirror the business’ evolution
- Perform and review month-end variance analysis, working collaboratively with accounting, data, and business leaders to understand prime factors driving variance
- Assist the Sr. Finance Manager in the company’s annual and quarterly budgeting processes
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating expenditure of the business
- Partner with business leaders to help manage their budget and ensure financially sound decisions are made
- Manage and provide guidance to junior team members and review work for accuracy
- Promote change and continual process improvement across the finance organization
- Other ad-hoc analysis and work across the business, as necessary
We are looking for:
- 5+ years experience in FP&A, corporate and/or operations finance
- Strong understanding of accounting and accounting operations/processes
- Exposure to QuickBooks and/or other accounting systems a plus
- Mastery in Excel and PowerPoint
- SQL experience (or willingness to learn)
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a formidable attention to detail
- Healthy curiosity to understand all aspects of the business
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals
- Elevated pride of ownership in work product
- Experience working in startups and/or tech, ecommerce, marketplace, and/or retail industry a plus
Benefits and perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary and generous equity grants
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Index Ventures, Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.
GOAT will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description