Currency is dedicated to disrupting e-commerce by designing financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers through our revolutionary POS platform. Based on the West Coast, we are one of the fastest growing fintech firms thanks largely to our vision and our diverse, collaborative and talented teams. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals looking to innovate and disrupt the fintech industry and have some fun doing it.
Who you are:
You will be responsible for handling many day-to-day and month-end tasks within the accounting department; including account reconciliations, data entry, and management of accounting systems. You will be responsible for maintaining required and appropriate internal controls on a day-to-day basis, including adherence to the COSO framework.
This position is a key member of the corporate accounting and finance team. You will work collaboratively with other departments throughout the company. This position also requires a great deal of independent thinking and analytical skills to allow for a high level of problem-solving capabilities, as well as the ability to research and conclude on the treatment for complex technical accounting matters.
- Own corporate financial projection model including regularly updating model based on historical financial performance, building out new functionality to incorporate new business products and supporting the executive team on financial planning and implications of various strategic initiatives
- Conduct variance analyses on projected vs. actual financial performance and interface with department heads to review variances and adjust projections as necessary
- Prepare reporting packages and actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to communicate fundamental performance drivers, changes in financial outlook and other key financial considerations
- Lead the identification and creation of new reporting tools and processes to improve visibility and more accurately forecast financial performance
- Maintain the company’s corporate budget, review spend on a monthly basis and analyze variances between budget and actual spend to drive and maintain optimal cost efficiency.
- Execute on all ad hoc projects and analyses related to historical and projected financial performance
- 3+ years of professional experience in quantitative, finance, management consulting or investment banking role
- Ability to clearly communicate data-based decisions with underlying methodologies and assumptions to both existing and potential stakeholders including executive team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with thorough accounting knowledge to build and enhance complex financials models as well as extensive experience translating data and analytics into efficient PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong analytical skills with a high-level of attention to detail and an eagerness to not only develop and enhance an FP&A skillset, but also understand and assist in driving our company’s strategies and initiatives from a financial perspective
- Comfortable working both in teams and independently with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with limited supervision
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
- Flexible paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Office happy hours
- Team sports
- Trips to Las Vegas, Palm Springs, etc...
- Continuous professional development
As a result, our employees are excited to come to work in the morning and grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!