Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for women’s designer fashion that’s pioneering a sustainable future for commerce. Our mission is to make the resale of consumer goods as simple, safe, and stylish as retail, at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly-motivated Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. This person will be responsible for owning the monthly budget/forecast model, as well as tracking key business operational metrics. This role will liaison with Accounting and review of the monthly performance. This role requires strong analytical skills to model and evaluate strategic/operational projects. The focus will be on improving the efficiency, workflow and analytical tools used by decision-makers across the company.
This is an ideal position for a hard-working individual who has strong analytical experience or has worked in an FP&A, investment banking, or consulting environment. Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills are a must. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a dynamic, start-up environment and is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle challenging problems.
This role reports directly to the VP, Finance.
- Manage the financial forecasting process and update monthly forecasts
- Analyze performance and compare to forecasts
- Build financial models to evaluate strategic new initiatives
- Partner with product/technology and marketing to define and analyze key performance indicators that drive the business as well as develop new models to forecast growth
- Track and analyze key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics
- Develop insightful analyses for Executive and team leaders on critical business projects
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers and Department Heads to evaluate key business drivers and help find operational efficiencies
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Finance/FP&A (media/tech or ecommerce preferred), an investment bank or strategic consulting firm
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Expert using Microsoft Excel with proven financial modeling skills
- Basic web analytics skills (Google Analytics).
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ecommerce or marketplace business experience a plus
- Competitive base salary plus meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Daily catered lunches
- Tight-knit team