Financial Controller at Tapcart
| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:28 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, March 4, 2021
Tapcart makes mobile shopping app easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
The world of shopping will one day be powered entirely by mobile, made possible by our products, team and vision.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile commerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our customers and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Chubbies, The Hundreds and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by over 20,000 brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We were recently featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization's financial performance, direct our accounting operations and create projections for the management team and board of directors.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Financial Controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, be highly organized and have excellent leadership skills. You will help streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance and drive income generation.
Internal growth trajectory includes a path to promotion to company CFO.
- Manage all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition, etc.
- Develop and maintain document system of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Coordinate, prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Ensure quality control over all financial transactions and reporting
- Recommend benchmarks to measure company performance
- Provide financial analysis on business activities, including capital investments, pricing decisions, contract negotiations, etc.
- Lead annual audit activities working together with external auditors for accurate and timely completion
- Track and manage department budgets
- Organize and manage Operating Model and finances
- Build out our finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 5+ years of directly related experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Exceptional knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Experience with auditing and compliance
Who we are.
We are a well funded, young and growing startup located in sunny Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us and as such, we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our many upcoming challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our careers page.