We are looking for a versatile & experienced finance professional who shall review and update /develop our company financial policies, optimise financial resources, control costs, ensure compliance with local laws, to help meet or exceed corporate goals. The Finance Controller will collaborate with the Global Finance Team and the Executive Team to determine more effective ways to handle corporate funding, tas issues and growth financing.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a natural flair for associating and connecting with people at all levels. Must have a strong background in corporate financial management, commercial acumen, analytical skills to spearhead the finance function and a strong desire to become a part of a dynamic team.
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a financial professional to manage our US operations from finance and tax perspectives and help develop a team to facilitate scaling up of operations. The Finance Controller shall have to work in close coordination with the global finance team spread across India and the UK. The Finance Controller shall have a solid line reporting to the Group Finance Head and dotted line reporting to the CEO.
The Finance Controller shall broadly be responsible for local banking functions, coordination with tax advisors, auditors and the local business teams comprising of Sales, Engineering, Human Resources, Delivery etc. The Finance Controller should not be limited only to show historical information reliably but also to anticipate and highlight coming issues.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to handle a gamut of finance functions of a rapidly growing organization from the ground up. Only join this role if you are comfortable with trying fast and innovative ways in the rather staid and standardised finance functions and not fearing to fail.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Review existing financial policies and SOPs and update them.
- Report KPIs on Monthly and Quarterly basis in agreed reporting formats for US operations
- Control costs and ensure any deviations to Company’s Business Plan is highlighted in a timely manner to trigger corrective actions.
- Establish relationship with Company’s Bankers, Auditors and Tax Advisors in the US
- Act as the primary support person for month, quarter and year-end financial activities for US operations
- Collaborate with the payroll group to ensure that all deductions and payroll activities are compliant with payroll laws.
- Liaise with tax advisors to ensure compliances with all state and federal tax issues.
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Streamline vendor payment processes in coordination with Global Finance Team
- Analyse data to detect gaps in revenue leakage, if any.
The successful candidate must possess the following :
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
- Valid CPA status
- 5+ years experience in Finance Controller or Finance Manager position (preferably in a Start-up or an IT Company)
- Understanding of US tax codes and laws
- Proficiency in accounting software and ability to work in applications like Zoho, Expensify, ApprovalMax.
- Lots of energy and multitasking
- Good understanding of business and financial issues
- Ability to work in tight deadlines
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place