Financial Analyst at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning and analysis for the Capitol Music Group based in Hollywood, CA. Responsibilities include: Act as liaison between finance and the Central Accounting Team. Support the monthly close process. Prepare and analyze results. Perform project analyses and other ad hoc analyses as required.
How you'll CREATE:
- Provide day to day finance support to the Capitol Music Groups, including Sales analysis and KPI analysis
- Work with the Central Accounting team on elements of the monthly financial close
- Analyze variances to budget and forecast for income, variable costs, and overhead expense
- Assist in preparing quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Maintain and monitor certain forecasting/planning systems, primarily the CMG BPC (excel based) tool
- Enhance and modify models and databases as needed
- Provide ad hoc analyses as required
Bring your VIBE:
- Degree qualified (specific to business, finance or accounting) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an analyst level position
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office products, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on an evolving workload
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport with people across the business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.