Financial Analyst - Systems and Reporting
As a Financial Analyst at Procore, you will be in a critical and highly visible role. You will report on detailed financial information, compile complicated and detailed financial packages, and create and manage complex financial models. Plus, you will develop strong working relationships with business partners and senior leaders, and run ad-hoc analysis that arise from our fast-paced environment. You have attention to detail, sharp analytical skills, determined work ethic, willingness to roll up your sleeves, and the desire to help build a winning Company.
As a member of this team, you will work with other FP&A members to increase the level of business insights we deliver to internal and external stakeholders. Your work will directly serve as the basis for recommendations that leaders of the business draw from to make critical tactical and strategic decisions. We use a plethora of systems and you will work with Anaplan, Netsuite, Looker, Powerpoint, Excel, Word and more.
What you'll do:
Reporting and Analysis
- Update management reports, board presentations and investor reports. Validate the numbers by understanding the “story” behind them, and perform bridge and gap analysis. Provide commentary that helps identify performance drivers and root causes of variances to objectives.
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly variance analysis of actuals, plan and forecast. Translate analyses into easy-to-understand presentations and visualizations.
- Manage real-time dashboard reporting of key SaaS and financial metrics.
- Help drive initiatives to identify and enhance upstream data collection to improve downstream usage and reporting.
- Perform research and analysis of financial and operational performance for comparable companies.
- Create financial reports and communicate financial analysis using Anaplan.
- Utilize company data to model, design, develop, and maintain ad-hoc and automated sales, operational, and management financial dashboards.
- Design reports and metrics that are clear, accurate, and actionable to improve visibility into business performance, and allow the business to make informed decisions.
- Support key decisions (new growth opportunities, M&A initiatives, market segmentation, infrastructure investment, etc.) by preparing and maintaining various complex financial models to support tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain and track detailed information lists used in our reporting packages, due diligence, and general organization.
- Assist in the preparation of financial business models used to evaluate investments within various organizational areas.
- Support strategic planning and decision-making by assisting with identifying and analyzing key business trends, market segments, key customers, etc.
- Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of broader business objectives, and make recommendations on process/policy improvements.
- Assist in driving the planning and forecasting process, workforce and expense planning.
- Identify areas of growth and operational efficiency across the business and advise on investment into these areas.
- Support business partners involved with various Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product, Customer success and G&A leaders and teams. Support functional departments to understand the key drivers, risks and opportunities, and ultimately make better decisions.
- Participate in all financial processes including sales planning & analytics, pricing, marketing spend management, product development cost analysis, and forecasting.
- Partner with Business Data Analytics team on financial data analyses requiring multiple systems.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2+ years of FP&A or Accounting experience
- Exceptional financial modeling and scenario analysis skills, expert in defining and guiding the design of data-intensive models
- Understanding of Financial Statements and Finance and Accounting principles
- Advanced Excel analysis skills coupled with the ability to frame complex topics
- Experience in providing financial reporting for Board, Investors, Equity Research or Investor Relations
- Advanced skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Anaplan Financial Planning and other Financial systems a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Energy and passion for delivering results in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.