Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, control and data science. Our ambition is to invent, inspire, and reshape how the world thinks about and interacts with artificial light. We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as INC 500 and Deloitte’s Fast 500 for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
EcoSense hires curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. We are looking for an exceptional Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our team to provide support to all areas of the development process.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis to help us bring innovative lighting technologies to market that solve many of the industries constraints and points of friction. These technologies will be incorporated into architectural-specification-grade lighting products that will be used by world-renowned lighting designers to create the most beautiful spaces on Earth. In an industry ridden with “me-too” products that just offer more options and no new solutions, this technology is posed to give infinite solutions with few decisions.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Prepares and analyzes consolidated reporting at all levels of the organization on actuals, forecasts and prior fiscal year
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy
- Responsible for developing financial modeling, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Performs financial periodic and quarterly forecasts, the annual budgeting processes, operating plans variance analysis and special projects
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Monitors performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Assists in the continued development of Financial Forecasting and Modeling tools
- Analyzes actual operating results and identifies key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus projections
- Prepares financial projections and formal written proposals as required for presentation to Sr. Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- MBA a is plus
- Approximately 2-5 years of any combination of experience and/or education, that demonstrates knowledge in corporate finance or accounting
- Working knowledge of GAAP and/or Cost Accounting
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (with expertise in Excel); Ability to develop financial models of high complexity
- Experience in preparing budgets/forecasts and working directly with business unit partners on developing strategy and variance analysis to forecast
- Exposure to NetSuite, Sisense, Tableau, SQL a plus.
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.