Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis at EZ Texting
EZ Texting’s financial analyst position is a great opportunity for a professional with a strong analytically driven background who thrives in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. The Financial Analyst role will be responsible for preparing key analyses surrounding the EZ Texting business and requires strong analytical and auditing capabilities for accurate financial reporting and presentations.
The individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be comfortable in a data-driven company as they will be pulling and aggregating data from multiple sources to help craft action-oriented decisions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with attention to detail who can think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem solve and prioritize. This role will report into the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- 3 years minimum experience in financial planning and analysis at a growth stage company or an equivalent combination of education and experience. SaaS or communications software experience a plus.
- Deep experience in Excel modeling, including financial forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis. Familiarity of GAAP required.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with multiple business partners across the company and display strong initiative to anticipate and meet business demands of senior management.
- Ability to be work well independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of ownership.
- Proficient in standard business system tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Quickbooks and/or other accounting software strongly preferred.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred; any SQL and applied statistics knowledge a plus.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the Director of FP&A on Company forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis and other month end reporting.
- Responsible for periodic reporting of corporate financial operational metrics as well as collaborating with other senior managers within the organization in building the data and determining new metrics.
- Build and maintain models to understand underlying drivers of the business
- Create output to visually communicate complex, detailed financial data and analysis to C-Suite executives and Board Members.
- Coordinate with the Controller and Accounting team on monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, including budgets and process
- Lead and/or participate in ad hoc projects as designated by the Director of FP&A and CFO. Projects may include collaborations with other departments.
Handle any other activities or tasks deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director of FP&A and/or CFO.