Financial Accountant at Bird
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:58 p.m. (PST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis accounting transactions for assigned functions in the correct period, including accruals of expenses, amortization of prepaid expenses and fixed assets, etc.
- Help to develop, implement, and execute new accounting processes and systems
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts which include prepaid, accrued liabilities, cash, accounts receivable, and more.
- Generate ad hoc reports and provide detailed analyses and explanations of transactions
- Prepare internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in accounting or a related field
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures like revenue recognition, accrued expense, and intercompany consolidation
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skill
- Experience in operating systems including, but not exclusive to, NetSuite, Concur, and Bill.com
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description