Finance Transformation Consultant at BlackLine
The Finance Transformation Consultant will serve as the BlackLine project manager and functional design lead in implementations, working closely with key client stakeholders. This role serves as a seasoned advisor to our clients on how to enable processes in BlackLine and guides them through the implementation process. This role requires coordination with cross-functional client representatives (Controllership, Finance, Tax, Treasury, etc.) and internal BlackLine resources. This role must possess deep expertise in BlackLine products, end-to-end intercompany processes, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, finance transformation and project management. While engaging with our clients, the Finance Transformation Consultant should leverage knowledge and experience to capture pain points, prioritize objectives, and gain cross-functional alignment on the recommended solution and roadmap. This position leads workshops, aligns business processes, configures the BlackLine application, and guides our clients on successful implementations. This individual navigates escalations and influences various stakeholders with strategic direction. The Finance Transformation Consultant is also expected to work closely with our sales, marketing, service and product organizations to help expand our pipeline and close large deals.
Leading Implementations (Billable):
- Leads the in-depth discovery, design, and deployment of our transformation projects to streamline the financial close and enabling continuous accounting capabilities (most notably for intercompany).
- Communicates regularly with clients, implementation partners, and internal BlackLine resources to manage project activities.
Delivery & Support:
- Maintains key client relationships established during the sale process to ensure expectations are met throughout delivery and support.
- Assists in driving the client solution roadmap working closely with implementations, customer success Consultants, and the product team.
Driving Process Enablement:
- Participates in and leads client-facing activities throughout various stages of the deal lifecycle in identifying automation opportunities, solutions, and implementations phases and related planning.
- Identifies areas of improvement and collaborates with the client to derive the upmost value from the product and to increase long term utilization of BlackLine.
- Leads the ongoing development of our strategic product playbook and demonstration environment.
- Trains and mentors the broader community of Solution Consultants.
- Collaborates with product, marketing and services in order to assist in the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, competitive comparisons, sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, etc.) and to help with evangelize our strategic products.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to translate prospective client objectives into solutions enabled by our strategic products
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations
- Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement
- Experience managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts
- Experience engaging with various Finance functions (e.g., accounting, FP&A, tax, treasury, reporting, division finance, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage projects, while engaging a broader team
- CPA preferred
- Up to 75% travel required