As the Finance Manager at SURE, you’ll use your depth of experience in the financial sector as well as your knowledge of startups to pioneer the Finance/Accounting function at SURE as the first person in this team. With great responsibility comes a ton of visibility to our executive team and your work will enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions backed by numbers and data. You are a financial modeling whiz with a hawk-eye for detail, and you’re excited to take on this broad opportunity in this time of massive growth at SURE.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare financial statements, management reports, monthly forecasts, quarterly / annual budgets and analysis including comprehensive KPI reporting, analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive analysis at the executive-level
- Performing all month-end and year-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations (to include P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Prepare key strategic business cases for stakeholders to evaluate risks, results and to forecast
- Collaborate closely with department heads to develop budgets, review & minimize budget variances and develop ad-hoc analyses to support key initiatives
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate accounting systems, internal compliance controls, handling internal audit, compliance, tax and ensuring the company is prepared for annual audit, including but not limited to preparing tax filings and working with third parties
- Generate reports and pay partners monthly
- Meet required filing deadlines with regulatory authorities
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all supporting documents
- Own finance functions through the next phase of the company’s growth
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or relevant field
- Progressive finance experience in high growth environments (startup experience required)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel with demonstrated ability to translate complex business models into clean, streamlined financial models and outputs
- Strong grasp of accounting
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and rapidly evolving business landscapes
- Willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to hands on analysis
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business leaders, vendors, and the ability to be seen as a trusted and objective voice
SURE is on a mission to reinvent how people interact with insurance and become the insurance platform of the future. Our goal is to provide a hassle-free way to buy any insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Read Full Job Description