The Finance Manager position is responsible for various aspects of Financial Planning for the North American Recorded Music Division at our company headquarters in Santa Monica. This position will act as the liaison between Universal Music labels and UMG Corporate Finance to support the monthly consolidation processes, analyze results and provide variance explanations to the Global Finance team. The position will manage monthly financial forecasts, review annual operating plan submissions of our North American labels and perform ad hoc analyses as required by the SVP and CFO of North America.
- Author monthly narratives and liaise with labels on related commentary
- Collect, analyze and report key performance indicators and highlight trends in margin, artist investment and cash flow
- Improve and refine financial reporting from HFM, BPC and other systems
- Prepare executive presentations in support of Actuals, Forecast and Plan
- Provide ad hoc analyses including enhancing models and reports as required
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with people across the business
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial statement preparation; CPA preferred but not required
- Proficiency with accounting and financial applications software: Hyperion Financial Management, SAP, and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years (Manager role) of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience is required
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Music/Entertainment industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or other related areas; MBA a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.