Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we won’t just offer guidance - we’ll help you make it happen.
We‘re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, and with over 4 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the role
In true startup fashion, this role encompasses several functions, and you must be comfortable wearing multiple hats. The finance team supports all of Albert’s business lines, including Savings, Investing, Instant, and more. You’ll be responsible for supporting day-to-day operations, touching a wide range of areas including, but not limited to cash reconciliation, ACH management, KYC, and working with our banking partners. You’ll be responsible for managing large data sets to reconcile payments and transfers, ensure data integrity, and perform ad hoc reports that roll up to forecasting and budgeting. You have excellent attention to detail, love problem-solving, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and help build a financial service from the ground up.
If you like to deeply understand and get involved with the inner workings of a company on the ground floor, you will thrive in this role.
Things you're good at
- Startups: we’re constantly rolling out new features and functionality to our users and need someone who’s excited about working in a very dynamic environment.
- Work ethic: no task is too small or too big
- Attention to detail: this is a mission critical role at the company. Your attention to detail is your biggest asset
- Support accounting operations, including creating journal entries, managing bank and credit card transactions, maintaining the general ledger and preparing month end account reconciliations
- Process invoices daily for vendors, employees, independent contractors and other miscellaneous payments and own all other aspects of accounts payable management utilizing bill.com
- Manage ACH operations across all business lines
- Liaise between our banking partners and our Genius team
- Own financial operations for Albert Cash
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Partner with our legal and compliance teams regarding regulatory filings
- Perform special projects such as fielding audit, tax and due diligence requests as assigned
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree
- Extreme attention to detail
- Passion for Albert’s mission
- Strong problem-solving skills, with desire to build and execute scalable processes
- Experience with ERP systems a plus
- Comfortable in spreadsheets such as Excel or GSheets
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues in an ever-evolving and fast-paced startup environment.
Job Applicants California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice applies to personal information of California job applicants that Albert collects and processes as it relates to the submission of a job application.
Read Full Job Description