Experienced Senior Accountant at BlackLine (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At BlackLine, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Senior Revenue Accountant at BlackLine plays a key role in a best-in-class revenue operation that results in an accurate and timely two-day close and mid-month reporting. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, the ideal candidate is highly driven with strong analytical and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication. This solutions-focused candidate will be responsible for building full-cycle revenue accounting operations and supporting the Director of Revenue to scale the Order-to-Cash process in a rapidly growing and fast-paced SaaS environment.
In this role, you will have monthly general ledger responsibilities related to the proper application of the revenue recognition standard (ASC 606). A successful candidate thrives in a dynamic and high energy company and is enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving.
You'll Get To:
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and other revenue related tasks as required for the month-end and quarter-end close processes.
- Lead the Standalone Selling Price (SSP) analysis on a monthly basis and provide conclusions and adjustments as needed.
- Perform technical accounting research and update technical accounting memos and policies.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP. Perform customer contract review to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies.
- Lead the channel referral program and solution partner program partnership for BlackLine by partnering with Sales operations and managing the commissions, payout and amortization for the partnership.
- Coordinate and participate in internal and external audits, including preparing audit schedules, addressing audit queries, and implementing, and maintaining effective internal control systems.
- Build and maintain relationships with sales, legal, and finance business partners. Coordinate closely with business partners to ensure complete and accurate information is obtained to support the recording of entries in the general ledger.
- Collaborate with revenue and other teams to stay on top of upcoming revenue projects (i.e. identify accounting risks and work to address them)
- Provide accounting support to various business partners across the organization.
- Supervise and mentor less experienced team members, providing guidance and reviewing their work, as requested. Foster collaboration within the accounting team and effectively communicate financial information to stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using accounting software and related systems to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and enhance reporting capabilities. Stay updated with advancements in accounting technology to adapt to changing practices.
- Stay updated with changes in accounting regulations, standards, and industry best practices. Pursue professional development opportunities to demonstrate your commitment to enhancing your skills and knowledge.
- Participate in (and lead, where appropriate) other projects and ad-hoc analyses, as required.
What You'll Bring:
- Years of Experience in Related Field: 4-5 years
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience) required.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- CPA or 4-5 years of equivalent work experience required
- Big 4 or National Firm experience required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP to ensure accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations and standards
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under time pressure while managing to tight deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and independently and collaboratively as a team contributor
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora preferred
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
BlackLine recognizes that the ways we work and the workplace itself has shifted. We innovate in a workplace that optimizes a combination of virtual and in-person interactions to maximize collaboration and nurture our culture. Candidates who live within a reasonable commute to one of our offices will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
USD $92,700.00 - USD $131,600.00
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.