EVP, Chief Financial Officer at iHerb
iHerb is a fast-growing global health and wellness retail leader, focused on offering our Customer earth’s best selection of available natural products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience. iHerb is an e-commerce company located in Los Angeles., We are a growth-stage company that is equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Named one of the Top 50 Companies in Los Angeles providing Best Perks and Benefits by Built in LA Business Journal for 2019.
The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, investor relations and risk management operations of the company, to include assisting in the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This is a global position and requires experience in the creation of international entities and the management of existing global enterprises. This position will be a part of the leadership team and will contribute directly to the success of the company.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, President, management teams and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues.
- Serve as a key member of the senior executive team in providing input to management peers regarding financial implication of major business decisions. As well as strategic input in shaping the Company’s business objectives.
- Establish a solid financial foundation with appropriate systems that will allow the business to grow/scale effectively (organically, through M&A, or IPO).
- Responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the company's financial activities.
- Analyzes cash flow, cost controls, inventory control, expenses and all financial statements to pinpoint potential areas for improvements. Implement and maintain checks of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the organization. Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information.
- Oversees the organization’s risk management including general liability and related insurance coverages and risk mitigation. Maintenance, monitoring and review of all banking relationships.
- Play key role in developing the company’s corporate structure related to acquisition, regional expansion, and potential IPO. Plans should take into consideration long-term tax strategies.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Responsible for reporting financial results to the board of directors and ensuring the audit committee is aware of any risk issues.
- Oversight of all Finance and Accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior proven success serving as a key member of the senior executive team in providing input to the CEO, President, and management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives.
- Ability to be both a leader and hands on “doer”.
- Diversity of experience and exposure to a wide range of complex business models.
- Strong FP&A skill set with analytical, intellectually curious mindset.
- Business and operationally oriented.
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools and processes increasing business clarity.
- Prior experience within a company that is backed by Institutional investors is preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- The ideal Chief Financial Officer should have a CPA with 15+ years of progressively responsible experience along with some prior public company experience.
- The candidate should have experience in partnering with an executive team.
- Global experience with strong corporate governance
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow
- Recent experience as CFO or #2 at a fast growing company, with strong familiarity metrics, and best practices.
- Past experience with IPO or other strategic funding/relationships a plus
- Ideally a combination of experience that includes a large, global complex company and a rapidly growing company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- CPA required.