Due Diligence Team - Finance / Accounting Specialist
Why merely back a company when you could own a piece of it?
StartEngine is a premier equity crowdfunding platform, connecting everyday people with innovative companies. It's like crowdfunding, but instead of getting a t-shirt for your dollar, you're able to buy equity in the companies that you support. StartEngine is revolutionizing the startup business model by helping individuals invest in private companies on a public platform, thereby helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
StartEngine's Due Diligence Team is responsible for reviewing campaigns for companies that want to raise money before they can go live on the platform. This ranges from reviewing their corporate legal documents, to financial statements, to their pitch presentation information. Our team ensures completeness, compliance, and accuracy of this information across all campaigns. The Due Diligence Team works directly under the Chief Compliance Officer.
We are seeking organized, detailed, and excitable individuals with strong accounting background to join the team as a Compliance and Due Diligence Analyst, with significant opportunity for growth. Upon entering this role, you will become an expert at a brand new industry, providing applicable experience in law, finance, marketing, and various business fields.
- Review campaign offering pre-launch materials and legal and financial documents to confirm accuracy and thoroughness
- Manage the due-diligence process for companies raising capital on the platform (both Title III & Title IV companies)
- Support the Compliance Team by developing expertise related to crowdfunding based accounting, and develop into point person for accounting related issues
- Provide feedback and assistance in developing internal processes related to review and assistance on financial statement reviews and preparation
- Coordinate with Account Services team to develop and implement procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Account Services Department
- REQUIRED: Prior Accounting background (work or educational)
- REQUIRED: Understanding of US generally accepted accounting principles
- REQUIRED: Experience preparing or reviewing financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in equity, statement of cash flow, notes to the financial statements)
- Strong interest in capital raising, crowdfunding, and working with startups
- Desire to work in a startup environment (fast paced & frequently changing!)
- Superb organizational and tracking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability deliver results while managing multiple projects and working in a fast-paced environment
- Levelheaded problem solver with a professional, service-oriented attitude
- Team player who also excels as an individual contributor
- Adaptable, dependable, and responsible
- Project management experience or demonstrated skills
- Demonstrated ability to push projects over the finish line
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow communication guidelines with respect to SEC and FINRA regulations
Overview: We seek smart, hard-working, and extremely diligent individuals with a strong background in accounting, and familiarity with capital raising, compliance, and startups. This is a rare opportunity for individuals who are prepared to hit the ground running to enter a new industry and support the growth of that industry's leading brand.
This position is full-time in Los Angeles, located in West Hollywood.