Director of Technical Accounting at AuditBoard
Director, Technical Accounting
Who We Are
AuditBoard is a high-growth SaaS company in the financial technology space that is transforming the way organizations manage critical risk, audit and compliance initiatives. We believe in empowering enterprises to manage and control risk so that their businesses are able to thrive.
Designed by former chief audit executives, our enterprise cloud platform is purpose-built to automate and streamline activities in ways that align with how our thousands of users think and act daily. Clients range from pre-IPO organizations to Fortune 5,000 companies, including leading organizations such as Lululemon Athletica, WeWork, Activision Publishing, Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., TripAdvisor, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., Intel, and Snap, among many others.
- Lead financial close process, including preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis. Manage daily accounting activities with primary oversight of month-end and quarterly close processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and explanation of variances.
- Mentor and coach accounting team and help prioritize deliverables in the face of competing priorities to ensure balanced workload and deadlines are met
- Directs daily accounting operations in AP, AR, Payroll, Commissions
- Recognize efficiencies by automating manual processes and implementing system enhancements. Evaluate effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems where needed.
- Partner with Finance team to monitor and reconcile actual results against forecast/plan to ensure accurate reporting. Research anomalies to determine appropriate disposition.
- Continuously evaluate policies and practices to ensure compliance and implement change to drive towards improved future state
- Research, implement, and document US GAAP including revenue recognition, capitalized software, equity method investments, share based compensation, other assets and deferred costs and documentation of accounting conclusions. Conduct technical accounting research and prepare memorandums supporting company’s positions.
- Liaise with Finance teams, internal teams, and external auditors to ensure controls compliance and that stated policies and procedures are adhered to. Develop strategic relationships to facilitate timely deliverables and ensure expectations are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA certification and public accounting background
- 10+ years of progressive accounting/finance required, including an understanding of ASC 606. SaaS finance/accounting background strongly preferred.
- Experience in implementing and carrying out Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high level of comfort working with all levels of management
- Strong technical accounting background
- Demonstrated experience and success in streamlining and automating processes
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Attention to detail and results oriented
- Working knowledge of NetSuite or other ERP
Why You’ll Love Life at AuditBoard
- You’ll be launching a career at a well-funded, hyper-growth SaaS tech company
- Free daily catered lunches
- Stock options
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and 10 holidays per year
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings - Work Hard Play Hard!
This role will begin remotely, then in the office when restrictions ease.