Director, Global Revenue Accounting
LegalZoom is the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovation in all areas of the organization.
As part of this dynamic team, the Global Finance team is seeking an accounting professional who is familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. We seek an individual who embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Director of Global Revenue Accounting will be responsible for providing technical expertise in revenue recognition taking into consideration additional GAAP principles as required. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on product revenue accounting.
We are looking for a CPA with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change through written and verbal communications are imperative.
What you’ll do:
- Partner and collaborate with our global Business Units, Finance and Legal teams for providing recommendations based on LegalZoom’s revenue recognition policy and procedures.
- Be on the front lines of our business to drive rapid technical analysis, forming a point of view and appropriate recommendations upon the release of new or changing products, newly acquired businesses and revenue streams.
- Ownership of timely documentation including analysis of multi-element revenue arrangements and related revenue accounting treatment under current revenue recognition rules including ASC 606 and IFRS 15 for our foreign locations. Publish accounting whitepapers to document the accounting positions, as necessary.
- Manage, coach and develop our global revenue team
- Recommend, design and implement processes improvement and internal control for financial reporting.
- Support and collaborate with CFO, Controllership and business unit General Managers.
- Drive innovation and automation efforts.
- Work actively and timely with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and compliant with GAAP.
- Address ad-hoc reporting and analytics, as requested.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to the business.
- Responsible for month end revenue closing and reconciliation. Ensure completeness and accuracy of revenue and receivables for internal and external reporting
- CPA required.
- 10+ years progressive experience plus relevant managerial roles.
- Significant Technology and/or Software industry experience
- Revenue recognition experience, specifically ASC 605 and 606.
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition engines and reporting systems preferred.
- Excel and Powerpoint proficiency.
- Public and private accounting experience.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.