Director, Global Finance
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Publishing Group is currently seeking an eager and exceptional Director– Global Finance. The position will be responsible for overseeing the reporting of the global consolidated financial results for the group and providing analysis to senior management, including the CFO, as well as other support and deal analyses as required.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of global consolidated financial results for monthly/quarterly actual, forecast and budget reporting
- Identify and analyze variances within results with thorough understanding of drivers and outliers
- Preparation of business / variance commentary for global senior management on monthly basis
- Assist in financial modelling for new artist spend and investment, including IRR / DCF analyses
- Drive the deal approval process in cooperation with UMG corporate development
- Support international offices as needed, including forecast and budget guidance, financial templates and accounting policy compliance
- Coordinate and monitor global corporate policies for the music publishing company, including Sarbanes Oxley
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc presentations for senior management
- Some international travel, as required
- Superior analytical skills and ability to ask proper questions in assessing reported information
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting principles
- Ability to communicate policies and procedures and give direction to others in order to complete tasks
- Clear and efficient writing abilities
- Effective communication skills, particularly in dealing with international colleagues
- Calm, composed attitude when working in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrable proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with financial reporting software (Hyperion, SAP).
- 7+ years of accounting or finance experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
- CPA license strongly preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.