Director of FP&A at Boosted Commerce
Boosted Commerce (founded in 2020) is a CPG platform focused on accelerating the growth of beloved consumer brands. We do this by acquiring, investing in, and growing third party seller businesses (mainly FBA based) and through original product development across verticals that we believe offer exceptional opportunity. Over the next twelve months, Boosted will acquire dozens of seller businesses and launch a similar number of original products. The founding team at Boosted has successfully exited multiple companies and is looking for talented, entrepreneurial, driven, and creative people to join us on our current journey.
The founding team has raised significant funding to acquire and build a diversified portfolio of brands on the world’s most dominant e-commerce platform, Amazon.
With e-commerce revenue of over $250 billion annually representing over 50% of total sales on the internet, Amazon products are being sold at scale across every possible consumer category. Amazon’s marketplace of third-party sellers accounts for 58% of all Amazon e-commerce sales with over 1 million sellers on the platform.
With the goal of acquiring 100 third-party sellers businesses over the next five years, Boosted is in need of a top team of qualified and passionate contributors. Joining Boosted at this early stage represents an opportunity to grab early market-share and drive inorganic growth that will ultimately lead the company down a very clear path to profitability.
At Boosted, our strength is the efficiency with which we identify, acquire, and operate brands in order to develop and elevate them to their full market potential. We deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Director of FP&A to join our highly skilled, Los Angeles based team.
With 80+ deals currently in the pipeline at varying stages, this is a unique opportunity to step in and contribute to creating and scaling processes through which the company will budget, forecast, and analyze our businesses. You will be integrally involved in all aspects of managing and maintaining the financial health of our business. The ideal candidate not only has experience multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, but is also a proactive individual who takes the necessary initiative to support the senior leadership team and is comfortable engaging in complex, broad analyses.
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis in high growth business
- Lead and coordinate the budget/forecast process in partnership with business leaders to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives.
- Analyze business & financial results providing insight and analysis to support the business in making strategic decisions
- Develop and oversee monthly financial and operational reporting deck for the board and senior management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to operational strategic goals, budgets and forecasts, collaborating with senior management to set KPIs, identify opportunities, and mitigate risk.
- Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators to provide value-added inputs to help decision making in executing strategy
- Creating process or system to compile data from various sources & developing complete post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
- Working cross-functionally with other groups globally including but not limited to brand management, marketing, and product marketing
- Regularly present insightful analyses, reports and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
- Responsible for creating pro-forma models and developing dynamic models & scenario for valuation analyses to support acquisitions
- Working across the team to build reporting infrastructure, and helping develop new FP&A processes and analytics that drive value add for all stakeholders
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Prior FP&A experience
- Minimum 5+ years of related professional experience; investment banking or similar background strongly preferred but not required.
- Extensive Excel modeling experience
- A deep desire to learn new things and acquire new skills while working for a company with a massive market opportunity
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills with a focus on execution and problem-solving
- Masterful organizational, communication, and self-motivations skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- The ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment: you are resourceful and can think outside the box in the pursuit of business objectives
- Critical thinking & demonstrated experience in problem solving, making decisions influenced by business insights and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data utilizing financial modeling
- A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business
- Experience working in the Amazon ecosystem or other similar, e-commerce experience
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in a collaborative environment that values transparency and direct feedback
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
- Possess a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle