Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers, and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing, and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis at Factual is responsible for building and ensuring critical support to our finance and leadership teams. The position will focus on creating and building financial tools, reporting mechanisms, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with Factual’s growth. This leader will possess superior financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, as a well as razor-sharp business acumen. The role also requires the ability to understand the big picture of the Factual financial model, while being very detail-oriented with the analysis of bookings and revenue, expenses, and cash flows. Our environment fosters out of the box thinking and you are sure to be intellectually challenged every day.
- Prepare clear, metric-based, financial plans/forecasts including projections, annual
budgets, long range plans, and related updates. Ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Analyze financial and operational results versus forecast and plan, investigate
significant variances, and communicate findings to senior management team.
- Coordinate with the Business Intelligence function to organize financial benchmarking, including executive reporting of key performance indicators.
- Identify trends, summarize findings, and provide recommendations from analysis, including research and collaboration with non-finance personnel.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to customize tools and design processes to support new and growing lines of business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on major company initiatives from the
financial perspective, including but not limited to, operational efficiency evaluations, pricing decisions, capital expenditure decisions, vendor selection and negotiation, etc.
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to junior FP&A staff in order to achieve team, department, and company results.
- 10+ years of relevant finance experience in high growth tech environments.
- Exceptional analytical, creative problem solving, and modeling skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience in the development of business reporting infrastructure.
- Build complex models and analysis.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts/strategies into clear story for both internal and external constituents.
- Extremely well-organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/ stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ coworkers as a trusted and objective advisor.
- MBA, CPA, or Master’s in Finance required
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with database management tools and sophisticated modeling tools
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP services