Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Director, FP&A role at ZestFinance is responsible for building and ensuring critical support to our finance and leadership teams. The position will focus on creating/ building financial tools, reporting mechanisms, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with Zest’s growth. This Manager will possess superior financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, as a well as razor-sharp business acumen. The role also requires the ability to understand the big picture of the Zest financial model, while being very detail-oriented with the analysis of bookings and revenue, expenses, and cash flows.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the consolidated forecasting process and own portions of the financial forecast models, including P&L, cash flow, and supporting schedules/ analyses. Ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Monitor and communicate progress toward achievement of financial plan
- Oversee monthly Profit and Loss reviews; cash forecasting and management; identify trends driving positive and negative variances to plan.
- Create and maintain tools and reports used to measure and track results against expectations.
- Support key decisions through ad-hoc analyses
- Support the business groups in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs. actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects.
We are looking for:
- 10+ years of finance experience in high growth environments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in using/ managing/ building-out planning tools & applications.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts/strategies into clear story for both internal and external constituents
- Extremely well-organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/ stake holders.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ coworkers as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Exposure to key financial management processes as required in a scaling organization.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with database management tools and sophisticated modeling tools
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive salary and equity grants
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.