Director of Finance at Mothership
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:44 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for a director with a proven track record and emphasis on structure and process to lead our finance organization. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As the Director of Finance, you’ll track, project and report on our finances to ensure we maximize our capital efficiency while scaling rapidly. Once you’ve settled in, get ready to start the process of helping build and lead a world class finance team around you.
The ideal candidate is someone who has demonstrated their ability in building world class financial processes and teams. You're someone to which the numbers uniquely speak and through deep analysis you uncover important markers, discover new opportunities and help us avoid pitfalls.
What you’ll get to do
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop financial and operational forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons and help drive decisions that measure impact related to expansion
- Decipher data sets and cut through irrelevant distractions to get to the heart of core data questions
- Proactively design and deploy financial optimization and efficiency across every part of our organization
- Partner with accounting to provide recommendations on management reporting needs while thinking strategically and helping make effective business decisions
- We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Striking that balance can be challenging and this needs to be a strength of yours
- Act as an entrepreneur with the team to get things done with autonomy
- Find, hire and train exceptional finance talent
What success looks like in this role
- Minimum of 7 years in FP&A, consulting, corporate finance or investment banking at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Significant P&L experience
- Experience creating financial models from scratch
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to both finance professionals and non-specialists
- Familiarity with database technologies and software for financial analysis and reporting
- Experience with GAAP
- Expert level at Excel
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting or other quantitative fields
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description