Director of Finance at Stem Disintermedia
Stem enables independent artists to turn their passion into a business. Our tools empower individuals to distribute their music to digital streaming platforms including Spotify and Apple Music, collect royalties, and provide tools to manage, analyze, and promote their creative catalog.
We are looking for a talented finance director to join our team and lead FP&A, accounting, and royalty payments for our company. This is an exciting opportunity to join a respected startup operating at the intersection of music and technology. Our company is driven by a vision to change the music industry for the better by making financial transparency for musical artists and their teams the new normal, and by making it easier for independent artists and labels to pay their collaborators.
This role is full-time and based in Los Angeles, CA at our West Hollywood office.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the financial planning process and provide financial reporting, forecasts and comprehensive budgets to executive team and board
- Manage accounting processes, including the monthly financial close, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Oversee timely monthly royalty reporting and payments to users
- Provide analysis and recommendations to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Manage tax strategy (corporate tax provisions, R&D tax credits, and securing other tax incentives as the business grows)
- Partner with the CEO on investor relations and fundraising
- Ensure other company-level requirements are met, including corporate insurance, 401k administration, office leases, and equity plan administration
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 7+ years of progressive finance or accounting experience in high-growth environments, preferably venture-backed tech businesses
- Conversant in U.S. GAAP accounting rules and U.S. tax structures (CPA preferred)
- Strong financial modeling and Excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field (MBA a plus)
- Experience with music royalties and/or fintech a plus
- Demonstrated leadership experience in driving cross-functional success
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail and results-oriented
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, parental status, age, or disability status. We also prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**