Director, Corporate Finance at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, February 27, 2020
Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
This position is responsible for managing the Corporate Finance activity at Viant’s corporate headquarters and reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Finance. Specifically, the Director, Corporate Finance will be responsible for managing short and long-term financial models for key business units, developing scenarios and forecasts and supporting high-profile, high-impact growth initiatives for the company. They will lead planning and analytics processes, calculating the monetary effects of potential business decisions, and act as a grounded strategic partner for the leadership team. As part of a lean team, this high-visibility position will have a direct impact on business decisions. This is a hands-on, analytical, leadership role in a fast-paced environment requiring the ideal candidate to perform effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead financial planning and analysis activities, including financial reporting, consistent with the Company’s strategic plan, and short and long-term goals and objectives
- Partner with leadership team in taking an idea from concept to creation, formulating an effective business and financial strategy
- Deliver accurate and timely financial projections, forecasts, and analysis of relevant financial and operational information as required for the leadership team
- Lead the preparation of Board decks and associated support schedules, reports, presentations and other analysis for leadership team to ensure they have access to timely and relevant data for strategic decisions
- Development of all budgets, forecasts and supporting analysis, requiring the ability to build and maintain sophisticated Excel financial models utilizing the latest best practices and dynamic formulas.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to help optimize business performance, including identification of trends, gaps, insights and opportunity areas within the business.
- Partner closely with leadership and operational teams to identify and evaluate strategic investment and expansion opportunities, understand financing alternatives, and drive resource prioritization
- Provide analytical support, business analysis, and financial modeling for M&A, including financial and valuation analyses, preparing presentation materials, and participating in the execution of transactions
- Lead special finance projects with direct guidance from the CFO, founders, and other members of the leadership team
- Ability to act as a senior partner and advisor by demonstrating outstanding financial analysis, communications, interpretation, and scenario planning skills resulting in improved business results
- Solid understanding of key accounting concepts and the interaction between an income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Strong communication skills and ability to tailor messaging as required for audiences of varying level of seniority and technical expertise
- Aptitude and presence to interact with and participate in projects with the leadership team
- Strong analytical thinker with an eye for relevant detail
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Organized with the ability to adapt to varied and changing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, and experience managing conflicting priorities
- Experience with and comfortable working through ambiguity and building processes / reporting from scratch
- Self-starter who is consistently proactive and uses time efficiently and has a “figure-it-out” mentality
- Solution-oriented with the ability to identify and overcome obstacles in a timely manner and recommend/develop alternative solutions
- Willingness to go the extra mile, manage own workload, and work overtime as needed
- Collaborative team player
- Positive attitude
- Motivated to develop and grow career
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or Mathematics (CPA, MBA and/or CFA a plus)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in high level financial analysis and/or reporting positions
- Experience in Big 4, investment banking, private equity or a private equity-backed company is a plus
- Experience working at an AdTech/Digital Media company a plus
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills required
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 100% employer-paid benefits for the employee, 80% for dependents
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Founded in 1999, Viant Technology LLC is a leading global people-based advertising technology company, enabling marketers to better plan, execute, and measure their digital media investments through our cloud-based platform. Built on a foundation of people instead of cookies, the Viant Advertising Cloud™ provides marketers with access to over 1 billion registered users globally, one of the largest registered user databases in the world, and infuses accuracy, transparency, reach and accountability into cross device advertising.
Viant owns and operates Adelphic and MySpace, and is a member of the Xumo joint venture.
In 2016, Viant became a subsidiary of Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME), one of the world’s leading media companies with over 100 influential brands including People, Sports Illustrated, Fortune and Time. In February 2018, Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) acquired Time Inc. and all its subsidiary companies including Viant, creating a cross channel ecosystem of nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women.