Director, Corporate Controller
Summary of Duties
- We're looking for an experienced finance leader to be Dave's Corporate Controller to run corporate accounting, tax and FP&A
- Financial Reporting: Oversee and direct internal and external reporting requirements including GAAP financial statements and any other reporting or filing requirements.
- Accounting Policies: Interpret, develop, implement, and monitor accounting policies, processes, and procedures. Provide counsel on accounting-related issues, disclosure obligations related to business transactions, and financial statements. Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX is required. The ability to collaborate with external partners including board, investors, vendors and other agencies.
- Compliance and Internal Controls: Develop and ensure compliance with all policies and requirements and provide accurate, timely, and useful management reports. Ensure strong internal controls are developed, implemented and maintained. Partner with Information Technology to ensure the technical infrastructure and consolidation processes supporting financial reporting are designed to meet key control objectives and operate effectively.
- Business Process Improvement: Lead accounting process improvements and change initiatives, streamlining processes, developing metrics, and creating efficiencies within the department.
- Audit: Manage all internal and external audits. Manage day-to-day interactions with external auditing firm. Work with auditors to bring efficiencies to the audit process.
- Tax: Oversee and ensure compliance with all reporting and compliance standards and appropriate collection and remittance of tax.
- Minimum 7+ years experience at a public accounting firm and/or the accounting function of a large company in accounting and finance roles. Public company experience preferred
- Strong accounting and technical expertise in accounting policies and reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and required financial statement disclosures.
- Experience managing a team 5+ person team.
- Familiarity/ experience with ERP & HCM systems preferred Track record in driving process and technology change within an organization.
- Comfortable with cross functional consensus building and soliciting feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communicate on skills; ability to present complex material.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team focused, collaborative environment; you should be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Adapts to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage
- time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast-moving environment.
- Sets aggressive timelines and objectives to get real results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through