TeleSign is looking for an experienced Director of Accounting whose responsibility will be to supervise, monitor, execute and evaluate day-to-day accounting activity and monthly close procedures. You will work closely with our CFO and VP of Finance to implement best practices and controls to collect, analyze, verify and report financial data in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and regulatory requirements. You'll need to be hands-on, work and coordinate with teams in Finance, Legal, Talent, Information Technology, and other teams around TeleSign. You will also play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization around change management, improving process and controls, scaling accounting, company infrastructure, and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and assist with all day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger, accounts payable, and the monthly close
- Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies, generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Continue the evolution of our NetSuite ERP system with automation to help the organization scale, allowing for strong reporting and internal controls
- Oversee system design and implementation and partner with technology operations team to build or improve accounting systems
- Hire, manage, and coach a performance-oriented accounting organization, able to grow with the business
- Develop and execute a roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to grow the accounting function and safeguard assets
- Evaluate the intricate business environment and recommend reports or key performance metrics and management dashboards that provide management insight into accounting operations
- Ensure that consolidated financial reports are complete, consistently prepared and materially correct
- Work closely with internal and external auditors managing audit inquiries
- Support the Accounting team in continued process improvements related to general accounting, accounts payable, and the monthly close process
- 7+ years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience, including 2+ years of manager-level experience and 2+ years of public accounting (Big 4 strongly preferred)
- Proven ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment, work across operational teams and prioritize the team’s tasks
- Ability to think critically and research ad-hoc accounting or operational issues
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and advanced Microsoft Excel skills; NetSuite experience preferred
- Successfully managed a team of accomplished accounting professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be flexible, have a positive attitude, be willing to learn new things and train others as needed
- Outgoing personality and ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with different business stakeholders
- CPA strongly preferred
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.