Credit Analyst at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Credit Analyst to focus on our latest FinTech initiatives.
About The Team:
The FinTech team is committed to the development of Honey’s Financial Products initiatives. As a member of the FinTech team, you’ll be working on initiatives that deepen Honey’s relationship with our users and directly help us make money fair for everyone.
About The Role:
As a Credit Analyst, you will analyze and interpret credit data to make recommendations that shape the future of our Financial Product offerings. The role requires a strong, natural collaborator -- you’ll work closely with our Data Science, Business, and Product teams to make informed, data-driven decisions to responsibly manage risk while supporting the rapid growth of our new initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
As a Credit Analyst at Honey, you will:
- Perform detailed exploratory data analysis from the perspective of credit analysis on the implementation of models for the purposes of underwriting
- Creation of detailed target analysis and optimized targets for use in credit and underwriting models
- Creation of economic dashboards that can be used for the purposes of portfolio monitoring and reporting to the executive level
- Quantitative setting of approval thresholds, pricing tiers and terms associated with the lending product
- Assessment of business unit economics to help drive business decisions surrounding portfolio size and investment
- Forecasting of future portfolio performance on the basis of underlying economic characteristics
- 1-2 year experience performing credit analysis functions for a lending product or at a financial institution
- Domain expertise in credit, lending and financial products
- Experience working in data science-related programming languages such as R or Python
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance requirements that accompany credit models including model risk management, fair lending and delivery of adverse action reason codes
- Experience in setting or influencing approval thresholds, pricing tiers, terms
- Detailed understanding of swap sets as well as the ability to generate and analyze economic implications of new credit model rollouts
- Understanding of reject inference and statistical methods to assess the impact on credit model rollouts
- Understanding of unit economics and forecasting portfolio performance
- Familiarity with the credit underwriting modeling process
- Understanding of machine learning is a plus
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.