Things you're good at
- Accounting: you have demonstrated experience and absolute command over GAAP and are passionate about getting the details right.
- Startups: we’re constantly rolling out new features and functionality to our users and need someone who’s excited about working in a very dynamic environment.
- Building a world-class accounting team: the ideal candidate will be ready to identify and execute on the right people, systems, processes and procedures.
- Lead accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll, GAAP compliance, management of external audits and both technical and equity accounting.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities and the preparation of consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage and ensure compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Establish strong business partnerships with functional teams and be seen as the company's technical expert in accounting matters.
- Recommend organizational structure and staffing requirements; recruit and develop staff to support current and strategic corporate requirements.
- Assisting in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Demonstrated success as Corporate Controller or Assistant Controller in a fast paced, growing technology company. Prior high-growth tech experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm. CPA strongly preferred.
- Deep technical GAAP expertise, with experience in the technology industry.
- Proven track record of building new capabilities, with a process orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to accomplish complex projects.
- Uncompromising integrity and transparency in dealing with employees, our board of directors, external auditors, customers, prospects and investors.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch