Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
As Controller, you’ll be responsible for all of Lumi’s accounting operations including financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash management. You’ll ensure there is an adequate system of controls to mitigate risks, enhance the accuracy of our reporting financial results, and ensure that our accounting procedures and reporting methods conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This position reports into our CFO.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting function
- Manage the preparation of all GAAP financial reporting
- Support the analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual results against budget
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performanceEnsure compliance with local, state, and federal tax and reporting requirements
- Manage financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Oversee the cap table and associated valuation reporting
- Manage compliance with all bank agreements
- Be the Lumi expert on all technical accounting matters
- Support and lead the accounting team
- Provide accounting training and best practices cross-functionally to new hires
- Support the CFO with our ERP (Sage Intacct) implementation project
- Identify and create infrastructure, policies, and controls to support Lumi as we scale
- A solid communicator who knows strong cross-functional relationships and effective communication is critical to the financial success of a company
- Born problem-solver with a keen analytical eye, combined with the most impeccable business judgment, of course
- A resourceful, action-oriented individual who possesses a proactive sense of urgency and who knows how to overcome obstacles to get things done
- Ability to understand Lumi’s strategic direction and translate that to accounting and control implications, and be proactive in driving those changes
- 5+ years of experience in financial accounting, with experience leading and scaling a team
- Public Accounting experience and CPA (preferred)
- Experience working at a high growth, early-stage company (preferred)
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!