Manage a global accounting team and ensure the production of timely and accurate financial reports.
- Oversee all aspects of Tala’s accounting department which include, but is not limited to, the company's financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, tax compliance, and various special analyses
- Manage global accounting operations, including the design of an organizational structure optimal for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Develop global accounting processes; oversee accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Implement, document and maintain processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Implement, document and maintain strong internal controls; evolve corporate policies and procedures as needed (e.g. invoice processing, cash management and expense policies)
- Global cash and treasury management
- Ensure compliance with all government / statutory reporting, audit and tax requirements
- Support annual budgeting process; provide monthly flux analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 4+ years experience as controller or equivalent.
- CPA + Public Accounting + Corp Accounting
- Strong GAAP and technical financial reporting skills.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing and able to work across different time zones; international travel will be required
- Experience with managing multiple entities.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with Multi-Currency Accounting, Cap Markets Accounting.
- International experience, particularly in emerging markets; understanding of IFRS
- International tax experience
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.