Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Fair is a FinTech company that provides a new way to shop, get approved and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want, and the flexibility to turn it in at any time.
Our name pretty much says it all. It's our culture. It's the way we treat our customers, our network of dealers and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work, and we believe hard work should be rewarded. That's why we offer equity incentives, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cellphone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans and free lunch 5 days a week for every employee. The way we see it, better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Who You Are:
You are a technically versed, focused, level-headed person that is interested in an immersed operating role. You will be leading a growing team and reporting directly to the CFO. You will help reinforce our culture of autonomy AND accountability which is the foundation of our corporate culture.
Ideally, you have an MBA and/or accounting degree along with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. Auto finance experience is not required but we imagine that our ideal candidate is likely working, or has worked, at a financial services company, at a fintech company or one of the Big 4. As we break new ground, you will have to interpret US GAAP and define our accounting policies and procedures. We are specifically seeking to hire someone that can bring diversity to our management team. The cultural fit for Fair will be paramount as navigating the complex demands of a dynamic startup in hypergrowth will be an immediate challenge for whoever controls the flow of resources and support.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and manage the companies’ financial reporting policies and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Lead and support the month-end and year-end close process
- Coordinate the preparation of lender, investor and regulatory reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Prepare interpretive analysis of financial statements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Prepare and analyze cash flow reports and forecasts
- You’ll be responsible for implementing the systems and protocols to maintain good cost controls, healthy budgeting and oversee disciplined AR/AP management.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Map and track projected operational metrics and fundraising expectations
- Create framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metrics
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all level
What You’ll Need:
- CPA with 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance a must; MBA preferred
- Experience working in a financial services company, startup, SaaS company or software businesses
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth company
- Experience leading an accounting group through an IPO process and S-1 registration
- Hands on experience in public company SEC reporting.
- Solid revenue recognition and fixed asset accounting technical skills
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data including presentations to senior management
- Demonstrated success in process improvement projects and systems integrations
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Experience working with external auditors
- Strong attention to detail