What you'll do
We are looking for a Finance Lead (mix of Controller and FP&A) with a passion for building new businesses. Within is building its internal Finance department and this position will oversee the transition from an external accounting services vendor and manage the accounting function internally. The right candidate is someone eager to grow and also manage forecasting and planning activities. She or he must be a tireless source of leadership, consistency and process, yet be someone who thrives in a dynamic and changing environment. This role is for a smart, hard working finance expert with solid operating experience in accounting, data analytics and FP&A.
The impact you'll make
- Build the Accounting and Finance organization at Within. This role will work with outside vendors and ultimately on-board functions as appropriate.
- Overseeing every aspect of the accounting function including maintaining the GL and closing monthly books.
- Provide accurate, on-time reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial performance with insightful data points and analysis to inform key decision-making.
- Partner with HR, Facilities, IT and management to develop best practices around purchasing, tracking and expense management.
- Oversee the creation of the annual budget plus monthly forecasts ongoing.
- Partner with production teams to manage budget greenlighting and tracking across multiple projects.
- Provide analysis and insights to guide management discussion.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7+ years experience in Finance (i.e. accounting, FP&A, Controller) with experience in both small and large settings, including CPA certification.
- Prior experience overseeing outside vendors and agencies.
- Ability to work with a small team and redraw priorities frequently.
- Strong individual leadership skills and the ability to balance big-picture thinking with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financials with all levels of the business.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, ability to interpret, synthesize and re-communicate both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong aptitude for NetSuite.
Bonus Points for:
- Familiarity and / or prior experience in the media industry.
- Familiarity with production accounting.