About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enable freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do:
- Analyze customer financial condition and authorize customer credit lines
- Minimize bad debt risk, maximize accounts receivable collections
- Assist with order management
- Reconcile customer statements/billings,
- Communicate credit department and company payment policies
- Participate in process improvement projects and support other management directives as prescribed.
- Assess credit risk and establish credit limits.
- Analyze customer financial statements.
- Provide financial order management support to Sales control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize risk of customer disputes.
- Conduct collection calls and Account Reconciliation respond to customers regarding revisions on invoices.
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and documents root cause.
- Provide customer service and develop relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Maintain accurate credit files and collection files. Maintain electronic collect notes for each customer account.
- Maintaining, reviewing, and analyzing A/R aging report with periodic status updates with Collections Manager and Controller.
- Assisting with other tasks as assigned by Collections Manager and supporting the Accounting team with ad hoc projects.
- Market, train, counsel, advise, and communicate credit department policy and procedures to company personnel.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Actively participates and communicates in the team-based work groups that make up the Credit Department.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in Logistics Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements.
- Effectively secure prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgment.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills.
- Letter of credit and other export credit security and knowledge (when applicable).
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Strong data and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and share job duties when needed (team oriented)
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task but also prioritize tasks in a high-paced environment
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry