Greater LA Area
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
We are looking for a Collections Specialist to join the NEXT Accounting team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with great attention to detail and customer service skills; accounts receivable experience required. The ability to be flexible with daily responsibilities, work independently but also in a team environment is very important.
What You'll Do
- Monitoring customer account details for non-payment, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Researching and resolving payment discrepancies as needed.
- Communicating business reasons to management for route causes of customer billing disputes.
- Following up on past-due accounts and collect payments, both via email and phone contact.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers to expedite collections.
- Ensuring proper application of customer payments and credit memos to open invoices.
- Under the supervision of the Collections Manager, negotiating payment arrangements, working with third party collections, and recommending write-offs.
- Maintaining, reviewing, and analyzing A/R aging report with periodic status updates with Collections Manager and Controller.
- Assisting with other tasks as assigned by Collections Manager and supporting the Accounting team with ad hoc projects.
What You'll Need to Have
- 3+ years of Collections and A/R experience preferred
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task but also prioritize tasks in a high-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and share job duties when needed (team oriented)
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Office
- Working knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Strong data and time management skills
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description