BSA/AML Officer (LA, NYC or Remote) at Albert
Things you're good at:
- Ownership: Dive-in and take ownership of researching and providing guidance to stakeholders on regulatory and legal requirements.
- Communication: Writes and speaks effectively with a demonstrable knowledge of the subject matter.
- Organization: Work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way. Provide hands-on remediation guidance to teams across the company.
- Prioritization: Identify, prioritize, and promote compliance practices that most effectively reduce overall regulatory risk.
- Collaboration: We're looking for people who are independent thinkers and doers, but also enjoy working with others in various functions and seniority levels.
- Maintain and manage the ongoing implementation of our BSA/AML and OFAC policies and procedures, including performing periodic reviews and updates
- Assist with the development, implementation, and audit of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with FinCEN, the US Patriot Act, the Bank Secrecy Act, FFIEC AML standards, and other applicable regulatory frameworks
- Perform diverse and complex analysis of account activity for potential BSA- and AML-related suspicious activity
- Review, research, and document suspicious accounts and activity reports in conjunction with third-party banking and processing vendors while escalating them as appropriate
- Assist internal business units with risk assessments of activities related to AML and consumer protection
- Partner with internal stakeholders to maintain a robust vendor risk management program
- Track legal and regulatory developments impacting Albert’s products and services
- Manage and administer processes for daily monitoring of BSA alerts, potential OFAC matches, and fraud alerts
- Prepare reports and correspondence to applicable regulatory agencies, bank partners, vendors, and Albert’s Board of Directors
- Help build a strong culture of compliance across the company
- Assist with ad-hoc legal, operational, and regulatory project
- Minimum 7 years of experience in BSA/AML compliance roles with financial institutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a BSA/AML Officer capacity
- In-depth experience in banking compliance and operations, and working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (e.g., BSA/AML, TISA, EFTA, UDAAP)
- Experience with the monitoring and surveillance of banking accounts and transactions
- ACAMS and/or CRCM designation(s) strongly desired
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k match
- Free lunch