Billing Supervisor at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:35 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, February 4, 2021
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. This creates a very exciting workplace that allows our employees to continuously expand their knowledge in all facets of digital marketing, while becoming industry thought leaders.
This position will report directly to the Senior Revenue Manager and will be responsible for leading and planning the billing operations for a 3-person team. This position will not only oversee and enforce billing tasks but will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions such as recording and reconciling accounts, assisting with credit and collections, review of contracts and assisting with various ad-hoc projects. Not only does this position require a strong leader, but a problem solver capable of identifying and resolving issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Review and approve invoices, Credit/Debit Adjustments created by the Billing Analysts.
- Ensure that revenue is recognized in the proper periods and is within GAAP guidance.
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Train and oversee staff level employees.
- Hands on training and interaction with operations on ways to improve and implement better processes.
- Month-End Closing of the billing group information
- Assist management with ad-hoc projects.
- Work with the collections department to research and resolve billing issues or discrepancies (involves working closely with the sales and operations departments to ensure accuracy and contract compliance of disputed items).
- Plan and implement quality assurance for all processes.
- 3-5 years experience in progressive accounts receivable/billing roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting related field.
- Prior experience as a Manager or Supervisor
- People management and development experience.
- Advanced abilities in MS Office programs.
- Excellent in Excel spreadsheet development, including the ability to create formulas & schedules using pivot tables, vlookup, etc. Must possess problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must have highly developed analytical abilities, able to analyze situations, present/defend conclusions and recommend action plans.
- Must have a willingness to delve into a problem and understand the root cause.
- Must be able to oversee and manage others
- Must be capable of making sound business decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, mathematical and follow-up skills are required.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.