AR & AP Supervisor at Metropolis
Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us. In fact, please come help us hire amazingly talented and wonderful people so that we can realize this vision together.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
The AR and AP Supervisor will have the opportunity to build the AR and AP functions from the ground up. They will work with various groups across the organization to standardize procedures to allow for the company’s exponential growth. They will initially be focused on handling AR and AP functions themselves then work to build a team to scale. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to manage day-to-day operations while simultaneously pursuing the strategic goals of the company.
You likely have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounts receivable and accounts payable related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel and ad hoc reporting
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Good project management skills
- Experience using bill.com, NetSuite, Expensify, or other related accounting software
What you will do:
- Invoice all customers
- Manage collection activities such as sending reminders and referring accounts to collection agencies
- Hire and train additional help as needed
- Maintain accurate and complete financial, customer, and vendor records
- Build and maintain relationships with employees, customers, vendors, and lenders
- Reconcile AR and AP-related balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Deliver insightful analysis on overdue accounts on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Propose updated policies and procedures as needed
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program