Analyst, FP&A at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
We are seeking a skilled Analyst, FP&A to join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. In this role, you’ll support our VP of Corporate Finance in budgeting, ROI analysis, financial planning, forecasting, and management reporting. You’ll become fluent in the operational and strategic aspects of Apeel’s unique business, as well as our accounting processes and procedures.
In this highly visible position; you’ll work cross collaboratively to develop business insights for our internal and external stakeholders. Your analysis and translation of financial information tells a story that helps our leaders make tactical and strategic decisions. You must be able to maintain a high-level strategic mindset to assess the overall impact on the organization.
This full-time position is based out of our headquarters in Santa Barbara, CA. We're looking for someone to join us immediately.
What You'll Do
- Execute the day-to-day operations of the FP&A function and own accuracy and timeliness of financial models and management reporting
- Partner and collaborate with all levels of business leaders to support financial and operating needs, develop KPIs, and make financial driven business decisions
- Lead continuous improvements in reporting infrastructure and financial processes
- Support the annual budgeting process and ongoing performance analysis, including comprehensive variance analysis; identification of trends, gaps, and risk/opportunity areas within the business; and communication with key members of Senior Management
- Maintain and enhance the company’s long range financial model
- Create and implement best practices for accurate forecasting and financial reporting
- Leverage company data to create and maintain financial dashboards, reports, and metrics that enable business stakeholders to better use their resources
- Support the VP of Corporate Finance on presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- 2+ years of finance or accounting experience (ideally in a fast-paced, technology-driven field)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally with all departments and seniority levels
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an environment that is fast paced
- Exceptional analytical and qualitative problem-solving skills, with a knack for solving ambiguous and unstructured problems
- Ability to speak both visually and numerically to communicate the results of your analyses to key stakeholders
- A passion for technology and its potential to create a better world
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.