Accounts Payable Specialist at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Accounts Payable Specialist (full-time, hourly, regular) will be responsible for the daily processing of invoices. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Records, codes, and processes all invoices into A/P system on a timely and accurate basis
- Researches and follows up with business owners where invoices have not been pre-coded by the business owner
- Assist in vendor master maintenance
- Analyze expenses by vendor on a monthly basis and work with the A/P Manager to accrue expenses as necessary
- Process check requests, garnishments and tax payments ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received
- Assist in responding to requests for payments and ensuring on payments that have been approved by the Controller or A/P Manager are processed and issued
- Clear wires(ACH), checks in A/P on a daily basis and assist in reconciling cleared payments in the bank statement
- Looks to assess and assist in continual process improvements
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- 2 plus years of previous experience in Accounts Payable.
- Previous experience in the media industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Team Player
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and unstructured environment
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Oracle Financials
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.